Secret Spaces

Featuring

Cheryl
Advertising

Wearing

Jumpsuit

Pull & Bear

Bag

Céline

Sandals

ZARA

Watch

Marc Jacobs

Ring

Yves Saint Laurent

If you could say something to the world all at once, what would you say?
I would tell everyone to not take life too seriously. Life is actually pretty simple and it’s people that make it complicated. Most of the problems we face are self-inflicted and aren’t as serious as we think. 60% of the things we worry about now will not matter in five years’ time, so the trick is to figure out the remaining 40% and to work on it. 

If a theme song plays every time you walked through the door, what would it be and why?
It’d be World Spins Madly On by The Weepies. My favourite line is probably “The whole world is moving, but I’m standing still”—I always feel like I’m living in my own head, disconnected from the world and away from everyone else, which sometimes makes me feel alone. But I’ve learnt to embrace that and enjoy being in my own company. 

If you could invite three people to your fantasy dinner party, who would you invite and why?
I’d choose my mum, dad, and grandmother, who are my favourite people in the entire world. Any party that I host would probably involve good music, and I have to admit my parents have some pretty sick dance moves. My grandmother will probably be in a corner, enjoying all the good food. 

What are some things that sound like compliments, but are actually insults?
“You’re so _____, how are you still single?” I don’t know why people always think that being single is a bad thing. I actually find people who are single by choice quite admirable.

What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read or seen this week?
I recently saw an ad by Sanctuary for their “Relax, Breathe and #LetGo” campaign on Youtube. The video featured advice from women about the importance of stepping back every now and then and appreciating life’s precious moments. The campaign line is about “BEING”—Being lost in the moment; being kinder to others; being able to let go and being proud to do so.

Previous Post
Next Post

Leave a Reply

*

*

What others are saying

There are no comments yet.