Samantha believes that all it takes to step out and do something is a little bit of faith and a bit of good timing. “Opportunities are always there,” she says. “We just need to seize it at the right time.” She may be young, and this youthful passion is something that Samantha brings to her work, while harnessing a maturity beyond her years to deal with the challenges she faces on a day to day basis. It seems that she has a penchant for feminine outfits (Samantha was previously seen here), but there’s no mistaking the quiet strength within this sweet, demure lady. Samantha deals with each day as it comes, as we find out when we speak to her in the final part of our The Business Times x Shentonista features.
1. If you could start your own business or company, what would it deal with, and why?
I would like to open a gym for ladies. Sometimes ladies might find it difficult to use the machines, or feel out of place at the gym, especially if they are new to it. When I started going to the gym, I was clueless and a bit intimidated by the environment. So having a gym purely suited to women would be appealing to those who want to feel comfortable while exercising.
2. What drives and inspires you to continue to do what you do, day in and out?
The passion for my job. I love what I am doing and it drives me to want to learn and achieve more. Being in such an exciting and innovative environment inspires me. I like when I am faced with new challenges; it pushes me out of my comfort zone.
3. What challenges do you face at work on a day-to-day basis? What challenges do you foresee in the long run?
The unknown, and new responsibilities as I progress in my career.
4. If there’s one piece of advice you would like to give anyone who is just starting his/her career, or his/her own business, what would it be? Or, what is the one most important thing you’ve learnt in your years at work?
To enjoy what you are doing. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
5. Describe your usual workplace style in three words.
Vibrant, smart, and fun.
6. If you could wear a uniform of sorts to work for the rest of your life, what would that outfit consist of, and why?
There is no particular uniform I would want to wear my entire life. I love fashion and dressing up, so I can’t imagine having to stick to just one outfit indefinitely.
7. Tell us something interesting about yourself. What do you do in your spare time? Any unusual hobbies? A childhood pastime? Favourite book/movie/music genre? Role model in life? Anything that you can come up with at the top of your head.
I used to ride horses as a childhood pastime. I started riding at my club since I was 8 years old, and I would like to get back at it. In my spare time I do yoga, go to the gym, and hang out with my friends. I also enjoy some alone time listening to music and reading a good book.
8. Do you have any philosophies, mottoes or quotes that you’re living by right now?
Don’t count the days, make the days count.